When it comes to displaying your wedding cake, you can get as simple or as elaborate you want. From outdoor displays to detailed arches designs, this article has all the inspiration you need for your own wedding.
To start with, here are some rules-of-thumb about wedding cake displaying:
- Keep in mind the style of your wedding and the style of the venue (elegant, rustic, indoor, outdoors, etc).
- Don’t push the cake table in the corner. You planned your cake and spent money on it, so it deserves to have a good spot.
- Choose a nice background for it, as there will be pictures taken when you (the couple) cut the cake. You want the guests to be able to see, and your photographer to have good angles to take pictures. At a backyard wedding, keep in mind that random guest might photo bomb you by accident (ask me how I know).
- Don’t go too high or too low on the cake table.
- Choose a sturdy table that will support the weight of the cake.
- Don’t forget to leave room behind the cake table for you (the couple) to go for the cake cutting.
Take advantage of your venue’s landscaping. Lush greenery makes a gorgeous statement against the white wedding cake. A round table, nice tablecloth and some candles is all you need. Venue The Cottage at Riverbend / Planning Ivory and Sage Events / Tabletop rentals The Little Gem Details/ Flowers LAE Floral.
Barrel Rustic Display
If your style is rustic, a barrel might be just what you need for displaying your cake. A rustic cake or boho style will fit perfectly in this setting. Venue On Colin’s Pond.
Beautiful surroundings make for a stunning display. This couple chose to show their cutting cake and cupcakes on stacked boxes. Don’t forget the vintage car. Venue Sunnyside Farm/ Planning Wild Bliss/ Flowers Wildwood Flowers
You like a variety of desserts along with your cake? Choose a beautiful table like the one below from Blush Creek Rentals and a variety of cake stands with different heights for your cake and desserts. Flowers Flower Farm Boise .
The mountains are calling
This is what we call “Cake with a view”! This stunning cake was displayed on a rustic cabinet from Blush Creek Rentals and set in front of the mountain views from Sixty Chapel. Flowers Olive and Leaf Floral.
For the romantic feels, the vintage desk from Blush Creek Rentals was the perfect choice to display this white and blue cake. Venue Deer Flat Ranch. Flowers Gerald’s Floral.
White Bistro Table
There was simply no better choice for this cake than a tall bistro table. The clean yet sophisticated look of the magnolia design needed only a simple tablecloth and few details.
Go All Out
Capturing the vibrancy of summer, this statement cake display takes first place in all cake displays we’ve seen so far. Designed by Dreamer Events, the design used the bar from Blush Creek Rentals, completed with flower arrangements by Just So Event Floral, greenery arch and custom neon sign. Venue Mint Barrel Barn.
All the cakes in this article are made by Dulcerella Cakes. If you are planning your wedding in Boise, Idaho area, we would love to hear from you. Inquire here.
Mihaela LeCedre, owner and cake artist at Dulcerella Cakes
With over 10 years experience in the baking business, Dulcerella Cakes specializes in wedding and special events cakes. Known for the exceptional taste and for the attention to detail of every cake, Dulcerella Cakes is the leading cake boutique in the Treasure Valley, Idaho.