Did you know that sugar flowers are not necessarily edible? They are made with edible medium, but when rolled very thin, dried and wired are not the best thing to eat, so that’s why they come with the cake.
Sugar flowers pros:
- Can be made in colors that cannot be found in nature
- All year long availability
- Safe to place on the cake, while fresh flowers can be sprayed with pesticides and some are toxic
- Can give you an uniform color look and be coordinated with your wedding colors
- Make a beautiful keepsake
- Did I mention they’re pretty?
– They are very time consuming, aka pricey. How time consuming? More than an hour/flower.
What do you think about sugar flowers?